If you are an eLearning manager seeking a great opportunity to network with industry professionals, discuss the latest eLearning trends and best practices, and learn new approaches and techniques from experts, I strongly encourage you to make plans to attend the 2014 Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase. The all-day event will be held at the Northern Illinois University, Naperville Campus on August 5th, 2014. It is hosted by the Chicago chapters of the ASTD, ISPI, and STC, and at the Showcase speakers will explore cutting-edge advancements in instructional design, development tools, mobile learning, virtual classrooms, and other areas of the industry that continue to evolve in the digital world. I’m excited to see what new tech trends might emerge from this process and rise to the top of the industry.
The educational breakout sessions have been organized into four basic categories—Design, Development, Mobile Learning, and Strategy—and here are just a few of the sessions (from a robust list of offerings) that may pique your interest as an eLearning manager.
- How Asynchronous Face-to-Face Communication (AF2F) Can Improve SME Relationships | Jackie Zahn, Senior Instructional Designer, I Want to eLearn
- Getting to Wow! with Interactive eLearning Elements | David Charney, Owner, and Matthew Cummins, Director, Business Development, Illumen Group
- Reduce Development Time & Costs with Interactive Wireframes | Ingrid Hubbard Reidy, Director, ISMIE Mutual Insurance Company
- eLearning Strategy: A Framework for Success | Jennifer De Vries, CPT, President, BlueStreak Learning
- How Are We Going to Get This All Done? A Pragmatic Approach to Successfully Managing eLearning Projects |Kathleen Fortney, Learning Strategist, and Rob Van Hyfte, Senior Instructional Designer/Project Manager, Berkeley Training, a Judge Company
I will be in attendance at Showcase to deliver a session titled Using a Design Manifesto and SME Collaboration to Create Engaging E-Learning with Andy Hicken, PhD, Product Innovation Specialist at Web Courseworks. Our presentation at the 2014 ASTD International Conference and Exposition generated a lot of enthusiasm and positive feedback from the eLearning experts and other industry specialists who attended that session, so we look forward to sharing our ideas with a new group on August 5th.
To receive the discounted rate for the 2014 Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase, you must register by July 17th. You can still register to attend the Showcase after that early deadline passes, so I encourage you to do so and I hope to see you there!