After over seven years of speaking at eLearning and training conferences, I decided to concentrate my session speaking at conferences dedicated to a specific population. The American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and the Association Forum of Chicagoland provide opportunities to reach the over one million associations operating nationwide.
At the upcoming ASAE Technology Conference being held in Washington DC on February 11th-12th, I will be sharing my knowledge on the open source learning management (and content management) system called Moodle. The Moodle platform is ideal for associations seeking to generate revenue through their professional development offerings— ranging from testing for credentialing to an entire certification curriculum. I will be co-presenting with Sharon Chaplock, the Director of Education at the Society for Clinical Data Management. Our focus will be on sharing two case studies to help answer common questions associations might have when managing Moodle for members:
- What is the Global Moodle community, and who are the USA Moodle Partners?
- What association stakeholders should you involve before trying out this “free” LMS?
- What can you expect from a vendor who knows Moodle, or a vendor who can host Moodle?
- What are some of the challenges SCDM faced when implementing Moodle?
- A discussion on course authoring using Moodle tools;
- Free Moodle modules and custom-built Moodle extensions will be demonstrated.
- eCommerce options will also be discussed.
So if you are interested in learning more about Moodle and can make your way to the ASAE Technology Conference please join us!