Learning and Development consultant Josh Bersin (Deloitte) provides an excellent overview of Learning Management Systems in The Disruption of Digital Learning: Ten Things We Have Learned . Bersin’s quadrants of learning platform types includes “a new breed” called Learning Experience Platforms. “These systems aggregate, curate and add intelligence to content, without specifically storing content” according to Bersin. We have invited organizational leader, Becky Willis, to provide a glimpse of one such platform called EdCast. As VP of Enterprise Engagement at EdCast, Becky Willis understands the need of todays adult learners to digest learning from mobile devices that provide intelligent curation of personalized learning for each learner or group of learners. Becky provides a good summary in this blog post of what these platform types do and the problems they solve.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between traditional LMS, Learning Experience Platforms and Program Experience Platforms
- How artificial intelligence is necessary to provide personalized learning
- Why being mobile first is paramount to a successful on line learning strategy
- How and why subject matter experts need phone based authoring capabilities
- Why it is important to analyze and identify the people in your association that are most acknowledged and best connected influencers