Kudos to author Mark Simon for writing a fine article for ASTD’s T&D Magazine entitled E-Learning No How: 7 Disastrous Decisions Sure to Sink Any E-learning Implementation. Here are the Myths dispelled.
- Do your pre-announcement campaign and stakeholder buy-in program!
- Have an assessment (testing) and record keeping strategy.
- Document the technical and ergonomic environment of the workstation trainees will use.
- Know your LMS administrator and run a test with a prototype course.
- Keep your navigation simple and provide an interface explanation.
- Make the course home page easy to access.
- Make sure your learner workstation can technically play your course. Not all workplace computers have audio cards and an updated version of Flash and Acrobat.